Friday, November 9, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 9: Write a Letter to Someone Who Has Made a Difference in Your Life

Friday, November 9, 2012


Today's task is similar to Day 3's task in which we wrote 3 thank-you notes to 3 people we appreciated, except today's task revolves around us writing an honest letter to one person who has made a difference in our lives. If you wish to read a more detailed description on today's task go directly to the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PersonalExcellence.co and if you wish to register for the challenge go HERE.

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make th world a kinder place - together. :)

My Experience

I decided to write my letter to my best friend J. I sent her the letter via e-mail. In my letter I expressed my appreciation on how she made a difference in my life like for example:

-Being a listening ear
-Accepting me for who I am
-I thanked her for being her and for being the little sister I never had

and many more personal things. :) When I send the letter I honestly thought she wouldn't like it or would feel bothered but when she replied she said she had no idea she had influenced my life in such a way and that I made her smile with the letter and made her day.

Lessons

Once again my theory is proved! :D It's the little things that matters and you never know how somebody may react. I thought she wouldn't like it but she was totally touched by the letter. It just goes to show how little things like this can make a big difference in somebodies life. :)

photo credit: katrinalopez. via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment