Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 11: Be Kind to Someone You Dislike

 Sunday, November 11, 2012

Those we dislike can do nothing to please us. ~  Samuel Richardson
I'm sorry I took a while to post today's task. The task was as the title suggests: To be kind to someone you dislike. This task is not exactly a goal oriented task, but instead, a type of new lifestyle. You have to choose one or more persons that you dislike and be kind to them. If you wish to read more on today's task go directly to the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PersonalExcellence.co and if you wish to enter at least the last days of the challenge go HERE.

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

My Experience

I choose a certain person I know to be kind to. Let's call this person K. K is a person who has disrespected me a lot in the past and made me feel bad tremendously. I've been taken advantage by K, disrespected, humiliated, etc. Almost all types of disrespects  you could think of (Except anything sexual or life threatening), K has done to me. I've hated K to the point of ignoring K and feeling my life ruined by K. Ks personality goes as far as to make me feel like it's holding me back from my future...and what hurts is that K knows and K could care less.

I decided to render my kindness to K via conversing with K but honestly...it's really hard...I know K harbors no direct ill intent but K's actions still hurt me..and I must admit I wasn't able to do this task well due to K's natural way of being...but...this task made me realize something...

Lessons

I harbor a lot of anger inside of me, the reason I did this task halfheartedly is because I already consider K a lost cause. I know that K will never understand and that K has reasons to be how K is something not originating from ill causes. The reason I dislike K is because K does things that hurt me and make me sad...maybe the problem isn't K but me for allowing myself to be hurt by K's actions. What are those inner insecurities of mine that considers K as a threat to my goals?

Just as the quote from today's picture suggests, K has no responsibility to please me. Since in my mind I already dislike K --maybe the option is to look at the conversation with fresh eyes and see the positive in K. So many things... I'll consider furthering on this topic on a future article when I feel mentally and emotionally prepared to share my issues with K.

 photo credit: wuperruper via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment