Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kindness Challenge Day 10: Send Flowers to Someone

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today's task is something that vividly reminds me of something I used to do frequently and still enjoy - picking up flowers from my backyard and giving them to my mom. :) Yes, today's task was to pick up/buy a flower and send it to someone. If you wish to read a more detailed description on today's task feel free to go to the 14-day Kindness Challenge at PersonalExcellence.co and if you wish to register for the last days of the challenge go HERE.

Update: Registrations for the 14-Day Kindness Challenge at PE have closed but you are still free to do the challenge at your own pace, any time. You can always share your results in the comments section in Basked in Sunshine. Thank you so much for reading my experience. I hope it will serve as an inspiration for you guys/gals in the near future. Let's make the world a kinder place - together. :)

My Experience

As I've done in past dates of the 14-Day Kindness Challenge I improvised with people who I rarely see. I sent 2 virtual flowers to my 2 closest friends wishing them "Good Morning!" and I also sent 2 real flowers to my mom and my little brother. Both of my friends were touched and my mom and little brother found it sweet. As for the type of flower I sent - I'm no really sure! o-o I choose my flowers by the color. My 2 virtual flowers were baby blue and the 2 real flowers I sent were pink with white in the middle. :) I choose blue for the virtual flowers because it's an elegant and cute color related with the mornings and I choose pink for the flowers I gave my mom and my little brother because it's a color that symbolizes love.  I choose my 2 closest friends because they are like family to me and I choose my my mom and my little brother because I like to see them smile.

Lessons

 I was reminded of that feeling of my childhood. Flowers are simple gestures of love/friendship and family but they can definitely put a smile on your face even of the hardest of days and I love that feeling. :)

 Note: I'm so sorry for the double spacing. It's an error from blogger which I've yet not been able to fix. :(

 

photo credit: Jose Luis Mieza Photography  via photopin cc



 

No comments:

Post a Comment